On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 08:20:29 -0400
Glenn Burkhardt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, 2003-10-22 at 17:20, James Conner wrote:
> > For those on the MDK security mailing list you will already know.
> > For those that aren't, check the archives(it's too large to repost
> > here).  These updates fix quite a few of the bugs that have been
> > troubling people lately.  Glad to see that Mandrake is on top of
> > this to release patches.  Granted, it would have been nice to have
> > flawless, bug-free release. :)
> >
> > Jim
>
> I've just looked at the update page, and I'm shocked to see how many
> packages are affected by MDKA-2003:020 (about 60!!).  That's got to be
> a new record for a new release.  For this many packages, and the
> severity of some of the bugs, Mandrake would be wise to include these
> new packages in their boxed sets, if they want folks to buy 9.3, or
> whatever the next release is.  It's bad enough that over 300mb of
> fixes were posted against 9.1.
>
> This looks like a QA breakdown.

It won't happen on the boxed sets, they have already been sent to press.

I am hoping however that the download edition, when release to the rest
of the world on mirors will include updated RPM's. This possibility has
only come about because of the policy of releasing it on Mandrake Club
first. It means that the faithfull that know how to update already, can
update, and those that are new to Mandrake will get the "shinier"
product.

--
Michael