I get a kernel panic when I boot kernel-2.4.22. When I boot from
kernel-2.4.19, everything is fine. I've just upgraded from 9.1 to 9.2. The
messages I get on the console are:

Mounting /proc filesystem
Creating root device
Mountint root filesystem
mount: error 19 mounting auto flags defaults
well, retrying without the option falgs
mount: error 19 mounting auto
well, retrying without any flag
mount: error 19 mounting auto
pivotroot: pivot_root(/sysroot,/sysroot/initrd) failed: 2

(Any spelling mistakes are mine, as I had to type a copy of this in).

All my partitions are ext3. A copy of my /etc/fstab:

/dev/hda1 / auto defaults 1 0

none /dev/pts devpts mode=0620 0 0
none /dev/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0
none /proc proc defaults 0 0
none /tmp tmpfs defaults 0 0

/dev/hda5 /home auto defaults 1 0
/dev/hda6 /usr auto defaults 1 0
/dev/hda7 /var auto defaults 1 0
/dev/hda8 swap swap defaults 0 0

/dev/hda10 /mnt/hdb10 auto defaults 1 0

/dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom iso9660 ro,nosuid,noauto,exec,user,nodev 0 0
/dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy vfat sync,nosuid,noauto,user,nodev,unhide 0 0

/dev/sda1 /mnt/syjet auto noauto,users,exec 0 0

/dev/hdb3 /mnt/winxp ntfs noauto 0 0
/dev/hdb4 /mnt/winxp2 ntfs noauto 0 0