On Wed, 2003-11-05 at 17:14, Vincent Chen wrote:
> Hi, all
>
> I just upgrade to mandrake 9.2 and got little audio
> problem here. I compile and install nforce driver from
> nVIDIA and modified /etc/modules.conf. First, I
> removed 'snd-slot-0 i810_audio line' which generated
> during install and replaced with 'snd-slot-0 nvaudio'.
> After reboot, mandrake 9.2 restore sound driver to
> i810audio. How can I let mandrake 9.2 use nvaudio as
> default audio driver? If I use i810_audio driver, will
> I lose any great feature from nforce chipset?

AFAIK, nvaudio is a mere renaming of something very similar or even
identical to the i810 audio that comes with 9.2.  I don't know of any
extra features.  That means less features than you would get with the
proprietary windoze drivers, naturally.  No 5.1 sound, for instance.
But you can duplicate the sound to the rear speakers, which is better
than nothing.

Damon