I was showing a friend how menudrake worked last night and selected the
Save icon without making any changes.  After which my KMenu no longer
shows any entries (other than 'Run command', 'Lock' 'Shutdown'...all my
program entries are gone!

I searched the archives to and found some similar situations that were
apparently fixed by running 'update-menus -v' as root.  However, I get
the following output showing the command aborting (only the first half
of output is shown, but the gist can be seen):

[EMAIL PROTECTED] trey]# update-menus -v
[EMAIL PROTECTED] trey]# Update-menus[4811]: Dpkg not locking dpkg status
area. Good.
Update-menus[4811]: Reading installed packages...
Update-menus[4811]: Reading translate info in
/etc/menu-methods/translate_menus
Update-menus[4811]: Reading menuentryfiles in /etc/menu/
Update-menus[4811]: Reading menuentryfiles in /usr/lib/menu/
Update-menus[4811]: Reading menuentryfiles in /usr/lib/menu/default/
Update-menus[4811]: Running menu-methods in /etc/menu-methods/
Update-menus[4811]: Running method:/etc/menu-methods//menu
In file "/etc/menu/menudrakeentry", at (or in the definition that ends
at) line 6:
[...] package="menu" section="Fluxbox/Styles/" title=""
[...]                                                 ^
Missing (or empty) tag: title
This tag needs to defined for the menuentry to make sense.
Note, BTW, that update-menus re-arranges the order of the
tags found in the menu entry files, so that the part above
isn't literal
/etc/menu-methods//menu: Aborting
Update-menus[4811]: Script /etc/menu-methods//menu returned error status
1.
Update-menus[4811]: Running method:/etc/menu-methods//twm
In file "/etc/menu/menudrakeentry", at (or in the definition that ends
at) line 6:
[...] package="menu" section="Fluxbox/Styles/" title=""
[...]                                                 ^
Missing (or empty) tag: title
This tag needs to defined for the menuentry to make sense.
Note, BTW, that update-menus re-arranges the order of the
tags found in the menu entry files, so that the part above
isn't literal
/etc/menu-methods//twm: Aborting
Update-menus[4811]: Script /etc/menu-methods//twm returned error status
1.
Update-menus[4811]: Running method:/etc/menu-methods//enlightenment
In file "/etc/menu/menudrakeentry", at (or in the definition that ends
at) line 6:
[...] package="menu" section="Fluxbox/Styles/" title=""
[...]                                                 ^
Missing (or empty) tag: title
This tag needs to defined for the menuentry to make sense.
Note, BTW, that update-menus re-arranges the order of the
tags found in the menu entry files, so that the part above
isn't literal
/etc/menu-methods//enlightenment: Aborting
Update-menus[4811]: Script /etc/menu-methods//enlightenment returned
error status 1.
Update-menus[4811]: Running
method:/etc/menu-methods//gnome-mime-data-applications
In file "/etc/menu/menudrakeentry", at (or in the definition that ends
at) line 6:
[...] package="menu" section="Fluxbox/Styles/" title=""
[...]                                                 ^
Missing (or empty) tag: title
This tag needs to defined for the menuentry to make sense.
Note, BTW, that update-menus re-arranges the order of the
tags found in the menu entry files, so that the part above
isn't literal
<CUT>

Per some google searches, I also removed a file in the ~/.menu folder
called Mandrake created entries and ran the command again, but got the
same result.

I'm really hoping to get my menus back.  Editing menudrake now does not
bring them back either. :-(

Hope someone has the answer.

Thanks.

--
Cheers,
Trey

At a given moment I open my eyes and exist.
And before that, during all eternity, what was there?
Nothing.
- Ugo Betti