On Sat, 2003-11-08 at 22:54, Jack Coates wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-11-08 at 15:27, Stew Benedict wrote:

> > > that's actually not a fair comment, I should actually state that it
> > > doesn't work on Mandrake kernels; it works fine with SuSE and Debian
> > > according to the other mailing lists I'm on.
> > >

> > Actually it does, depending on the machine of course, like all acpi
> > functionality.  I was using it for a week or so, but it's so slow, I can
> > do a normal shutdown/boot faster than a suspend resume.
> >
> > Machine: Compaq Presario 1215US
> >
> > Stew Benedict
>
> Good for you! did you do anything special or did it just work?
>
> BTW, ACPI and swsusp haven't actually got anything to do with each
> other, except that ACPI events can trigger a suspend.

In my case.  (Compaq Armada)  ACPI doesn't work but APM is flawless.  In
fact ACPI doesn't work under other OS's either.  So no loss.  It really
seems to be an LG problem.   A number of Laptops like mine don't quite
follow the spec or followed a test spec and so don't work right.  I've
two dells at work we use for mobile demo's Same model one is just a
version up from the other (xp and ixp or something like that)  One works
with acpi one with apm.

James