On Fri, 2003-11-07 at 11:20, stefmit wrote:
> > ftp? why not use IPX too as long as we're talking dead tech.
>
> Perhaps because this is what those other boxes have ... i.e. this IS what I
> have to deal with ...

Sorry, I was a bit short. I've never had a good experience with
Draksync, had it delete something the first time I tried it and I
promptly went back to doing my own scripts by hand.

> > Anyway,
> > freshmeat for ftpmirror.
> >
> > The real answer is rsync.
>
> For Linux only, and for machines under my full control ... ;(
>
> Thx.

there are rsync binaries for win32, I've used them extensively. However,
Winders admins will usually run screaming when they smell Unix, in which
case I've offered the following heinous pile which they find perfectly
satisfactory: Offer a Samba mount accessed via IPsec and let them use
their resource kit's synchronization tool (read, rsync with a minty
Winders flavor). More complex, more failure-prone, they love it.
--
Jack Coates
Monkeynoodle: A Scientific Venture...