On Monday 10 Nov 2003 1:42 pm, Greg Meyer wrote:
> On Monday 10 November 2003 08:49 am, elPunishar wrote:
> > like the subject implies, from bittorrent.
> > i thought it was/is an official distribution channel of mandrake.
>
> Bittorrent is a technology not a place.  The actual torrent file can be
> created and offered by anyone, so there is an official torrent at the Club
> for 9.2, and there are unofficial torrents offered by Joe Q. Public.
>
> > okay thank you, i will try the download edition then an check de md5 sums
> > again.
>
> Also, if you get the iso's using an official torrent, bittorrent does
> checksumming during the download to make sure the file is transferred
> properly, so md5sum is theoretically not necessary to check for corrupt
> iso's.  If the source is not trusted though, md5sum can help determine if
> files are official (as in your case).

> > > Then you don't have 9.2 final.  Where did you get the iso's from?

oh, i'm sorry about that!
of course.. i got them from suprnova.tk

yes i am entirely clear about that, thats why i need a way to check if these
are the same ISOs that mandrake released.

uhm... why are the md5 sums only for club members ??
that means they are the md5 sums for the power pack, right ? not for the
normal download edition ?