On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 09:48:46 -0800 (PST)
"Michael Holt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> scribed on electronic parchment:

> Artemio mused:
> > I may not be right, but this can be something connected with ACPI.
> >
> > If in /etc/lilo.conf for main "linux" image you have "acpi=off" in
> > "append"
> > string - try to change it to "acpi=on" and say "lilo" to
> > re-install the
> > loader. Or, if you have "acpi=on" try to set it to "off".
>
> Hey, awesome!
> I had "acpi=ht"; I removed that line altogether and added "noapic"
> for kicks.
>
> By the way, which is it?  ACPI or APCI?  Or are they two different

Two *very* different things!  Thanks to Google:

ACPI (Advanced Configuration and Power Interface)  www.acpi.info/

The 82093AA I/O Advanced Programmable Interrupt Controller
(IOAPIC) provides multi-processor interrupt management

www.intel.com/design/chipsets/datashts/290566.htm

Tim

--
I often read this forum on my PDA, please use plain text!
 _