Thanks for the information.

-----Original Message-----
From: James Sparenberg [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2003 1:58 PM
To: Expert List
Subject: Re: [expert] Printing with mandrake 9.1

On Tue, 2003-11-11 at 10:32, Lawson, Jim wrote:
> is there anyway to make the print drivers automatically pull down when you
> install a printer?
> Under windows Nt , 2k or 2003 server the drivers get pulled down
> automatically.

Not really because the concept of "drivers" as you are used to in
windows is different in Linux.  Meaning that if you have the software
needed to print it includes the "drivers" needed.  If you're system is
all linux cups will automatically detect printers installed on other
cups enabled linux boxes and allow you to use it's printer / drivers.
(If for example I bring my laptop onto your network I will "see" your
printers and be able to print through them if I'm on the same lan.) So
although the approach is different the affect is the same in this case.

James