Use an external, serial modem IMHO. They just work, work well and are easy to set up. Save yourself the headache, go hardware external.

Cheers

Jason

Anne Wilson wrote:

On Tuesday 11 Nov 2003 8:57 pm, Brian V Bonini wrote:

On Tue, 2003-11-11 at 15:38, Anne Wilson wrote:

On Tuesday 11 Nov 2003 7:12 pm, Alan Wilter Sousa da Silva wrote:

Hi List!

I'm looking for recommendations of hard/soft modem for Mandrake
Linux 9.1.  A link would help a lot also.

I had problems with Lucent and Pctel (softmodem).

Pretty well any hardware modem - i.e. one that does all it's own
work. If you can live with an external one they are easy to find
and cheap. Any model will do. Internal hardware modems are much
harder to find, though they do exist.

A quick search for Linux modems on ebay turns up a few things
ranging form 9-15 bucks that claim to be linux compatible. Isn't
there a Liniux modem website? linmodems.?? something or other....?

You could always try http://mandrake.vmlinuz.ca/bin/view/Main/MoDems

Anne