Thanks Artemio. Actually this is more complicated than I thought -

Yes it is Real Player.

When I run it standalone, it can't see the net, and can't load any of the
channels from its menu. (Yes, the network settings in its options appear
to be sane, except that I'm attempting to do this over a modem...)

I know it can't see the net since when I run the wizard to check for the
best connection type, it thinks I have a firewall. I don't. Are there
ports which should be specifically opened that aren't by default? If so,
which, and how?

BUT, when inside firebird, it can run movies from real.com (the website).
That's the only site out of several which works. As a test, could you
maybe post a site from which real movies work for you, so I can check?

Thanks

--

  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                          or over the web