Somebody scribbled about Re: [expert] [EMAIL PROTECTED]: hijack
cont.]
>Now, how do you tell the user? - that is, how do you find out who it is?

That's an interesting question. whois IP used to be the way to do this but
with spammers, it's anyone's guess. A) the IP could be forged or could be
a dynamic one, or B) the contact data can easily be faked for that IP.

So maybe the thing to do is just block the IP and not care who it is. Then
again, I'm considering hauling people into court over this last debacle
or at least contact the FBI/local police - assuming they're in America of
course. The spam itself may have *originated* offshore (and did in some
cases) but one could easily assume the people who are "selling" these
things are in the US.