On Fri, 2003-11-14 at 09:31, Jack Coates wrote:
> Anyone mess with Evo's script signatures? It's formatting badly, as so:
>
> -- Jack Coates at Monkeynoodle Dot Org: It's A Scientific Venture... "As
> I went down to Glasgow city, just to see what I might spy, what should I
> see but Nancy Whiskey, a playful twinkle in her eye... I bought her a
> drink I had another, ran out of money so I did steal, she ran me ragged
> lovely Nancy for seven years alone unwell." -- Nancy Whiskey from The
> Snake by Shane McGowan and the Popes
>
> Basically all the newlines are stripped. Same script's output looks like
> this on the command line:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] jack]$ sig.sh
> --
> Jack Coates at Monkeynoodle Dot Org: It's A Scientific Venture...
>
> "You choose your leaders and place your trust, and their lies won't slow
> down and their promises rust, you'll see killing machines and more
> rockets and guns, And the public wants what the public gets but I don't
> get what this society wants, I'm going underground"
> -- Going Underground from Sound Affects by The Jam!
>
> On another note, I'd doing these quotes in fortune format, so let me
> know if their interest and I'll start posting the dailies on my web
> site.
>
> -- Jack

This is my evo script sig:

#!/bin/csh -f
=20
echo "</pre>-- "
cat /home/michael/.asciisig
/usr/games/fortune

I had done some googling around and found that the "</pre> -- " tag
needed to be there even in the ascii message - something with evo.

The actual sig file it calls is the static part and then obviously,
fortune.

I stuck with #! c shell because it seems to work.
--
Michael Holt
Snohomish, WA                       (o_

Someone's tie is caught in the printer, and if anything else gets
printed, he'll be in it too.