I've updated my PPA to include a 18.04 (Bionic) package:

https://launchpad.net/~christopher-hoskin/+archive/ubuntu/f-spot

This is based on the current HEAD of the master branch of
https://github.com/f-spot/f-spot but with some tweaks to make it run
on the version of Mono packaged for Bionic.

I've given it some cursory testing on a couple of my machines, but I
recommend that you make sure you have a good backup of your photos and
F-spot database `~/.config/f-spot/` before trying it out.

Christopher Hoskin