Thanks for getting back to me, to be more specific I'd like to create a task
called 'deploy' which is responsible for invoking a series of other methods
(e.g. pull(), checkout(), requirements(), restart(), etc.).  Most of
these sub methods will need to run on a set of application servers, right
now I'm setting env.roles to "application" and these methods are working
properly.  However there are 2 sub methods that can't run on the application
servers and instead need to execute on a set of loadbalancer servers.  I
tried adding the @roles('loadbalancer') decorator to these 2 sub methods,
but no luck, the methods still get executed on the application servers.  Any
ideas?

Thanks,
Eric