Hello there,

Is there any way to switch user without getting an interactive prompt or
using sudo?

I have run into an issue described as follows:

Installing software on old solaris boxes without sudo installed.
Root logins disabled.
Ssh keys unused.

I tried using a with('su -')  kind of approach, or using run, but
everything I've tried thus far then pops me to a new, interactive prompt,
rather than continuing the automated task.

I can exit that prompt to continue execution, but the tasks that need to be
run as root never complete.

I should mention that, on boxes that allow root login or use sudo, it's all
gravy.  The problem is just logging in with a non privileged user and then
switching to root.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Robert