I know some folks have used Fabric (or more specifically Paramiko; Fabric
itself simply wraps Paramiko) to target Windows SSH servers (of which there
are at least a few), but it's definitely a minority use case and not one I
have personal experience with - which is why I can't give a simple yes/no
answer.

SSH itself is entirely shell agnostic, so it really comes down to two
aspects of the server software in question:

- How well does it speak the SSH protocol, as implemented by OpenSSH (which
is the gold standard and what Fabric/Paramiko are typically tested
against). If it does weird things it's more likely to not work well. We
unfortunately don't/can't prioritize a platform that has few users and is
difficult for us to personally test on.
- What is it actually doing with your commands - is it spawning a bash
process (Cygwin, WSL bash, etc), running Powershell, or even running the
Windows DOS prompt? This will determine what you want to be sending to it.
I assume the SSHD in question will document what it does here.

Finally, there are some minor features in Fabric which assume a Unix shell
on the remote end, but these are typically conveniences you can readily
work around.

Hope that helps some,
Jeff

--