When I first tried libs/usb (and factor) In the Compiler
messages I saw it was trying to load from /opt
(I wanted to try out my JoyStick)

I was using Mac(formerly Darwin)Ports here, so on my Intel mini I
sudo port install libusb, then display-devices worked.

So then I also tried it on a PPC machine, But I got a signal 11
When I just went back to write this email, now I get signal 11
on the x86 now...

Is this relevant?
Word: usb_get_driver_np
FFI: usb_get_driver_np: dlsym(0x10c470, usb_get_driver_np): symbol not found
Nesting: { usb_get_driver_np }

libusb @0.1.12_0 (active)

x86: Xcode 2.4

PPC: Xcode 2.4.1

I was about to try upgrading Xcode & reload a corrupted MacPorts
on a 2nd PPC (maybe try distcc)

any kind of backtrace or tracing you want me to try?