I had the problem too; I guess I resolved it by just putting freetype
and zlib in the same directory as the factor-nt executable and then
rebuilt the image, just in case.

Good old windows.

Also, I couldn't get opengl hardware acceleration to work so the UI
was kind of slow.  I will test this against other opengl apps on
WindowsXP and this particular machine.

Are there features with the factor's use opengl where hardware
acceleration is needed?

Berlin Brown
http://botspiritcompany.com/botlist/spring/help/about.html