On Saturday 01 November 2008 22:28:43 Slava Pestov wrote:

> I'll try and fix it.

OK. For what it's worth, if it complicates the implementation too much, I
wonder if it's worth it to do. Mixing frying and lambdas seems a little
strange; if you're already naming things (let, lambda, etc), you might as
well name the thing you're frying as well.

I.e. the example below using an additional 'let' is just:

        10 [let | B [ ] | [ [let | A [ 1 ] | A . B . ] ] ] call

Using 'bind-in':

        10 [ -> B [ [let | A [ 1 ] | A . B . ] ] ] call

I don't have a strong use case for this feature. Personally, I'd probably shy
away from mixing fry and lambdas in my code. I just stumbled upon this case
accidentally and was wondering about the official/intended semantics.

Ed

PS: I really hope cpst isn't on this list. This is just more ammo for the
leaky abstraction argument. ;-)