On Nov 30, 2008, at 4:32 PM, Slava Pestov wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 4:17 PM, Chris Double <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > wrote:
>> I don't really like this. Creating objects is common and I think
>> escaping things with \ should be rare.
>
> I agree.

Actually, \ is invisible to me, but maybe I've done too much C++ in
the past. :-)

I like that it makes your intention very clear and prevents bugs if
you shadow a tuple class with a word name in the future.  One token is
a small price to pay for this robustness.  I read "\ foo" as "escape
foo" and intuitively it feels safer this way, like I'm making some
potentially explosive word inert.

And I disagree with Ed's assertion that '\ class-name' is not a
convention.

Doug