Jon> I've noticed a lot of mails to this list that mentions FUEL
Jon> in the subject, and I saw there's a fuel folder inside extra, but
Jon> I've not been able to find a description of FUEL and what it
Jon> does. I'm curious ... ;-)

Fuel is a full Factor development environment based on Emacs. It
offers most of Factor UI features (such as the navigation within the
documentation), and even some more advanced ones such as the ability
to extract phrases from an existing word and to refactor them into
their own word.

For example, if you have a word such as :

  : compute ( x -- y ) 2 * 1 + ;

and notice that you could use "2 *" in another context, just select
it, press a few keys, answer the "word name?" question with "double"
and you will automatically get:

  : double ( object -- object ) 2 * ;
  : compute ( x -- y ) double 1 + ;

 Sam