I'm having trouble getting editor integration working. I'm running on
Windows XP, and got the Factor binary from a couple of days ago. I
have gvim and Scite both installed and available from my PATH. I don't
have a COM-enabled version of gvim installed.

When I try to edit a file from within the Factor environment, I get the error

COM method failed:
Unspecified error

This occurs if I select Scite or gvim - I've also tried USE:
editors.scite and USE: editors.gvim manually. I'd prefer gvim, if
possible, but could live with either.

It's not a huge disaster for me (I can edit files from the command
line, which is fine in most cases, but it's mildly irritating. How
should I set things up so they work? (As a minor point, even though
Notepad is a ridiculously useless editor, it might be nice to have it
as an option, and possibly even the default on Windows, so that things
work "out of the box").

Thanks,
Paul.