Ive been following Factor development for about a year now.  The language
has many qualities that I find intriguing.
Im a database developer by profession and have been seeking a radically
simplified development environment for years.
Ive dug into the corners of your site and find snips that allude to my
interest, but its a big subject with lots of technical detail to confuse the
issues.

Im looking for an extensible typed language closely integrated with an
object database that provides transparent persistence.  The database must
have all the normal ACID qualities required to support realworld transaction
capability.  But I am not interested in maintaining an RDBMS or OR mapping
or memory based db.

To me "transparent" means schema management is derived from source code.   I
want to name the object I need and the low level system finds it in
memory/disk/where ever and MAGIC its there and usable.  Actions for Adds,
Updates and Deletes are inferred from source code.  To the greatest extent
possible the fact that the developer is retaining persistent objects is
implicit needing little to no explicit code.  There seems to be two concepts
in the literature - SAVING OBJECTS and OBJECT VERSIONING. I am most
interested in the former, but see value in both.
Under an item called Exotic data structures I found a few research topics
related but it gave no idea whether its implimentation in Factor is
doable but needs God-like powers, doable but lacking human resources, or
"Dont hold your breath waiting for this one".

Ive actually found a commercial product called Jade that proports to be a
pascal-like language with transparent object database.
http://www.jadeworld.com/jade/index.htm
but the language is a let-down compared to Factor and its has expensive
runtime costs.  Ive also found a open source object database products called
odb4 and mcobject that might be candidates for Factor FFI.

If you're still with me, I want to know if Factor could offer industrial
strength database transactions transparently to the developer?

Would it be FFI around an odb or could the capabilities be native Factor?
What are the trade-offs?

How likely is it to happen in my lifetime?

Are there any other related resources that you know of?

Thanks a lot

Mark