Hi,

I'm very confused with 'reduce' word.

in CommonLisp I could flatten depth-2 list '((1 2) (3 4) ..) into '(1
2 3 4 ...) with #'reduce...

<code>
(reduce #'append '((1 2) (3 4)) :initial-value '())
</code>

but, Factor give me unexpected results

<code>
( scratchpad ) { 1 2 } { 3 4 } append .
{ 1 2 3 4 }
( scratchpad ) { } { 1 2 } append .
{ 1 2 }
( scratchpad ) { } { { 1 2 } { 3 4 } } [ append ] reduce .
{ { 1 2 } { 3 4 } }
</code>

I expected those snippets give me "{ 1 2 3 4 }" but isn't.
Am I misunderstood concepts?

Thanks.

ps. recently (really!) I'm falling love with Factor language, awesome
language and ultimate Emacs+FUEL environment gave me new programming
life. Thanks to every guys on Factor and their wonderful works!