Hi all,

I was reading the IRC channel logs and someone mentioned getting
pretty poor results (4 requests / second) with a simple web app,
webapps.counter. I couldn't reproduce this on Mac OS X so I'm
wondering if its a pathology on Factor's I/O code for Linux or
Windows. Can anyone run a quick test for me?

Start the counter web app in one Factor instance,

"webapps.counter" run

and in another Factor instance,

USE: http.client

[ 100 [ "http://localhost:8080/"; http-get 2drop ] times ] time
[ 100 [ "http://localhost:8080/"; <get-request> "cookies" get >>cookies
http-request drop cookies>> "cookies" set ] times ] time

On my box the first test runs in 1.6 seconds (it creates a new session
cookie on every request) and the second test runs in 0.6 seconds (it
re-uses a session cookie), so in the latter test Factor serves ~170
requests/second, which is still pretty slow for a trivial web app but
its not as bad.

Slava