Sam> Right now, tabs are not considered whitespaces between tokens in
Sam> source code. This has two implications:
Sam>
Sam>  - it is possible to define a word called "a b" (with a tab in its
Sam> name) ;
Sam>
Sam> - it is impossible to use tabs to indent source code (not
Sam> that I like it, but some of my students where hit by this today).

Sam> I hope this is just a bug and not a feature :)

On IRC, Slava answered that this was on purpose. What is the point of
allowing tabs in identifiers? If we want to *forbid* tabs in source code
(I dislike them, but some people's favorite editors will add some)
wouldn't it be better to just say so in a clear error message?

Here :

: foo ( x -- x )
  [
        bar bar bar
  ] dip ;

Complains that "        bar" is not a word because of the leading tab.

  Sam
--
Samuel Tardieu -- s...@rfc1149.net -- http://www.rfc1149.net/