Hi everyone,
I have a question about threaded-servers: I need to send an object's
state to a connected client every 100 milliseconds. I'm using alarms
to do it and I'm having trouble canceling it once the client
disconnected. I subclassed threaded-server, and I've overridden
handle-client* so that it registers the alarm and goes into an
infinite loop. The infinite loop is a complex word calculating the
state of the object over time. The sending of the state to the client
should only happen every 100 milliseconds, independently from the
calculations.

I'm using "[ ] with-disposal" in handle-client* to try and cancel the
alarm when the client disconnects but since the infinite loop doesn't
do any I/O (it's all done in the alarm), it never throws an error when
the stream is closed, and it also never returns, so dispose is never
called.

Can anyone think of a simple solution to this?

Thanks in advance.

--
Jon Harper