Josh on 2010-01-13 23:57:54 -0600:

> The JSON vocab needs some love, I think:
>
> "{1:2,3:4}" json> >json

Your JSON is invalid.  The key value in a pair may only be a string.

> --- Data stack:
> "{[0]:2,[0,1,2]:4}"

I looked at the code.  jsvar-encode is the problem.  It doesn't seem
necessary - why should it matter if there's a dash in a string?  TR:
also seems to have integer-sequence problems; hopefully when Slava
removes them that'll be more apparent.

I guess the correct behavior in this case is to throw a error.  You
could quote the strings, but then >json json> wouldn't be a noop, and
that seems wrong.

It would probably also be easy to throw an error when the invalid input
is detected.  I would prefer an error early, but I could see the
argument for being liberal in what json> accepts.

I'll put together a patch sometime soon.