On 21/2/2010 16:28, Jim mack wrote:
> I have some complicated datastructure, mixing containers & tuples,
> like an ast.  I would like to get a report on what's different between
> two of them, say for a test.  Is there an existing vocab for that?  It
> won't need to be fast.  My first thought was to get the prettyprint
> representations, then diff through an external tool.

Hi Jim, do you know of mirrors?
     I'm not sure if that's what you mean, but maybe something like this:

     : obj-diff ( big small -- diff )
        [ <mirror> >alist ] bi@ swap diff ;

     TUPLE: xyz x y z ;
     xyz new 4 >>z 2 >>x
     xyz new 3 >>x

     --- Data stack:
     T{ xyz f 2 f 4 }
     T{ xyz f 3 f f }
     ( scratchpad - auto ) obj-diff .

Best Regards, Kobi

--
China: stop persecuting Falun Gong!
http://faluninfo.net

URGENT: Innocent people are being persecuted for their belief inside Communist
China.