On 26 February 2010 19:31, Daniel Ehrenberg <micro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> One solution to the whole set of incompatiblities between call and
> call( would be to eliminate call in favor of call(, eliminating the
> combinator inlining system in the process. In my opinion, this would
> make the whole language much cleaner and nicer. No combinator inlining
> semantics to remember when writing your program; you can just think
> about how the compiler works when optimizing your code.

That intrigued me - for the (pretty simple) code I've written, I've
never thought about combinator inlining semantics - makes me wonder
what I'm missing :-)

Can you give a pointer to the docs where I can find out a bit more
about this (or explain it here)? Factor's performance features
fascinate me...

Thanks,
Paul