Hello all,

I was quite impressed with Slava's Google Tech talk so I wanted to
learn it a bit. And since I noticed that there's missing some kind of
basic environment for beginners, I decided to create one. I've done
enough so that people can start using it, at least give feedback.

Still, there's lots to do, e.g. the tutorial has only first section.
My idea is to enlarge the package to contain puzzles / problems. The
playground is meant for trying to combine learned things in easy way.
You can use HTML5 canvas. With the Factor-javascript interpreter it
would be possible to make HTML game in Factor, though because of
educational purpose the whole implementation has zero emphasis on
performance and is likely to be orders of magnitude slower than
javascript. (Not to mention my first interpreter ever).

I hope someone finds this useful. I'm just trying to give back to the
community which has done a lot of work for open source community.

I registered today a domain for the playground (and for future open
educational software): http://factor.openeducationtools.com/
There's a bitbucket repository for milestones and one can file issues:
http://bitbucket.org/egaga/js-factor/

- Henrik