Hey gang,

I'm trying to get logging to work from my GUI application.  I tried
the obvious, which is:

"dystopian" [ … open-window ] with-logging

However, it seems that the UI window and gadgets all run in a new
dynamic scope, and so the `logging-service` variable is unset and all
logging calls silently fail.  I worked around it for now by
subclassing `world`:

TUPLE: dystopian-world < world ;

M: dystopian-world begin-world ( world -- )
    drop "dystopian" log-service set ;

However, this is the second time I've gotten bitten by this namespace
issue, and it's really tricky to debug.  I've been up and down and
around the ui and the ui.backend vocabs, and I can't find any place
that either creates a new thread or calls `init-namespaces` directly.
And yet, every time, my UI code runs in a new namespace.

Is this a UI backend implementation detail?  Why (and where) does this
new namespace and/or thread get created?

best,
- Fred.