> Not sure if such a tool already exists, though.

We have a lint tool (USE: lint) that looks for duplicate code paths, it
usually gives good results, but sometimes maybe misses a nested structure
that could be factored out with some thought.

I think after 0.96 is released, when the new parser design gets finished I
imagine we'll make more progress towards what you are describing.  At the
moment, though, it still requires some thought and manual editing.

Best,
John.