Hi John,
so with these changes, it's now possible to compile the vm without linking
to the ui libs (X11_UI_LIBS in Config.Unix) and have a working UI. At least
it works for me. So could we remove the "NO_UI" flag from
build-support/factor.sh ?

I guess it's better if all libs that are not needed by the vm are loaded
the same way (through factor "add-library" code), if it's not too hard to
maintain. I suppose maintenance was the reason it was loaded through
"pkg-config --libs gtk+-2.0 gtkglext-1.0" instead of a bunch of
"add-library".

Jon