On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 11:33 AM, michikaze <michik...@rocketmail.com> wrote:

> How to stop execution of program? For example, i executed
>      >USE: openal.example 50 [ play-hello ] times
> from listener, how to stop it without closing the listener?

Not sure how to interrupt that particular example, but you could look at
the documentation of the threads vocabulary for some information on
yielding and interrupting threads.  You can open a second listener if you
want to keep running factor code while the other listener is busy.

> Where can I look at ui examples?

There are a lot of UI examples, you can find some by typing:

    IN: scratchpad "demos" run

I also have a couple blogs that might be helpful:

    http://re-factor.blogspot.com/2010/08/calculator-with-gui.html

    http://re-factor.blogspot.com/2011/04/mail-with-gui.html

> I don't understand what's going on in the code walker.

Try a simple example enter "2 2 +" in the listener then Ctrl-W.

- Press step, step, step, see the it push 2, then another 2, then compute +
which puts 4 on the stack.

- Now try back, back, back and see how it can step backwards.

- If you then click continue, it will finish the computation (again putting
4 on the stack).

Stuff gets more complicated when you try and debug more complicated code,
and particularly code with locals which looks like "0 get-local" instead of
something better like a "foo" named variable.  In particular, you should
learn how to use "into" and "out" to step into words (meaning break it down
into pieces and go step by step instead of just calling the word and seeing
its output).

More documentation is available here:

    http://docs.factorcode.org/content/article-ui-walker.html

What's the current status of project, how active it is, what you plan to
> do with it.

The project is seeing active contributions. You can see the list of commits
here:

    https://github.com/slavapestov/factor/commits/master

We have some new features we'd like to finish and get into a new release,
things like fixnum loop specialization, better generalized  iterators,
improved stack-checker, some compiler improvements, etc.  I'm not sure what
you're asking, but some people use it for exploratory programming, some
have larger applications written in it, some are just trying to expose
their brain to a new syntax and method of problem solving.

Best,
John.