Great,

1) Understood, I assume it fills with an average price of the bar
closing price? Honestly I'm not looking to gear it for backtesting day
trades, I am considering tweaking things a bit to work with futures
and would like to use settlement where possible, ultimately

2) Got it, I do not know of free intraday data either. Just a shot in
the dark whether you already started tackling it. You'd also have to
likely deal with sessions once you dig into inter-day bars :( I may
write a parser for CQG Data Factory files which are pretty simple, if
so I'll see how difficult getting daily going is.

3) Ah makes sense

Thanks!