> In this case, it's more complicated then a single with-destructor scope,
> because I use the destructors to call libyaml's destroy function on the
> struct, so that the same memory can be reused between the calls to libyaml
> for this struct. So I really need to destroy it right away before the next
> call the libyaml, hence the nested with-destructors.
>
> I could allocate new memory for those structs every time and destroy them
> only at the end of the parsing. But in most cases, only one struct is needed
> at a given time, so I thought reusing them was a good thing.
> Jon

I think you're falling for the premature optimization trap
here. Allocating memory is incredibly cheap so unless your code is
memory constrained there is no need to save on it. It's always better to
start with the simplest implementation you can get away with and then
if you run into performance problems start to optimize it.

--
mvh/best regards Björn Lindqvist