"If birds can glide for long periods of time, then... why can’t I?" -
Orville Wright

I'm very pleased to announce the release of Factor 0.97! You can
find download links on the Factor website:

    http://factorcode.org

This release is brought to you with over 1,400 commits by the following
individuals:

    Alex Vondrak, Andrew Pennebaker, Benjamin Pollack, Björn Lindqvist, CW
    Alston, Doug Coleman, Erik Charlebois, Fred Alger, Iskander Sitdikov,
John
    Benediktsson, Jon Harper, Loryn Jenkins, Paul Woolcock, Roc King, Samuel
    Tardieu, Steven Stewart-Gallus, and @Profpatsch

Besides some bug fixes and library improvements, I want to highlight the
following changes:

* Support for more color spaces including LAB, LCH, LUV, RYB, xyY, XYZ, and
YUV
* Support for SSL on windows
* Some new checksum implementations and performance improvements
* Cross-platform C library finder
* Client for IMAP protocol
* Support for MessagePack encoding and decoding
* Support for uuencoding and uudecoding
* Support for terminfo database files
* Support for tzinfo files
* Support for in-place sorting (using Quicksort)
* Bindings for ZeroMQ and Python
* Runner for Applescript (including definition support)
* Performance improvement to printf and support for vprintf
* Support saving images in GTK, Cocoa, and Windows backends
* Generative Modeling Language
* Lots of documentation added to the compiler
* Many, many improvements to the FUEL emacs mode

Some possible backwards compatibility issues:

* Fixed mask? in math.bitwise to be more correct
* Fixed bias in Mersenne Twister random number generator
* Better support for shebang (no longer need a space after #!)
* io-error now lives in the libc vocabulary
* sender stubs in cocoa.messages now named by method signature
* filter now allocates length of seq, not exemplar.
* Removed make-assoc in favor of explicit get's.

For more details, please see the full announcement at:

http://re-factor.blogspot.com/2014/11/factor-097-now-available.html