Just to confirm that the following sequence of actions work (ie print
"hello" in the first factor instance)

$ ./factor # first factor  process
USING: concurrency.distributed threads io.sockets io.servers ;
"127.0.0.1" 9000 <inet4> <node-server> start-server
FROM: concurrency.messaging => receive ;
: log-message ( -- ) receive . flush log-message ;
[ log-message ] "logger" spawn dup name>> register-remote-thread

$ ./factor # second factor process
USING: io.sockets concurrency.messaging concurrency.distributed ;
FROM: concurrency.messaging => send ;
"hello" "127.0.0.1" 9000 <inet4> "logger" <remote-thread> send

Jon

Jon