Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the bug report! I use homebrew, but didn't know about installing
apps this way -- pretty neat!

I've made a fix for this that will be in nightly builds, we didn't properly
resolve all symlinks when looking for the factor executable, so trying to
generate a symlink in /usr/local/bin for homebrew didn't work:

https://github.com/slavapestov/factor/commit/4837ceebb4867e8024eaf42448765e4c6ca52058

Also, I made a pull request to update the cask to the 0.97 release
(although it won't have the symlink fix above):

    https://github.com/caskroom/homebrew-cask/pull/7781

We've made some fixes recently that I think should justify a quicker 0.98
release, I'm going to go over the list of open issues and work with @erg
and @bjourne some to see what their priorities are before releasing in the
near future.

Best,