I'm sorry you're having problems.

If this was in the Terminal.app, would you be trying to do:

    $ cd
/Applications/Dropbox/mac/rubymotion/projects/RubyMotionSamples/ios/Timer
    $ /Users/yjc/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.1.1/bin/rake

If you run those commands in the Terminal it works? And if you run in Factor it
errors?

Instead of using try-process, try:

    utf8 [ lines ] with-process-reader

That will allow you to see the output to stdout.

Best,
John.