Hi,

I hope everyone had a good Christmas. I'm still struggling a bit with how
to create a UI that alters parts of a structure.

So far I can store the structure as a whole in the model slot of the
containing pane, and I can create arrow models for the individual controls
to refer to. The problem is writing changes back again, since the arrow
model does not propagate changes back across itself. I see there is a
double-ended arrow model in extra called <illusion>, but it seems to depend
on the arrow operation being invertible which extraction of part of a
sequence (for example) is not. It is however mergable in that the data from
the lower level model could be re-incorporated into the higher level model
given knowledge of them both. Does anything support this?

Also, does <model-field> work correctly? When I try to create one, it seems
to come up blank and editable, even if the arrow model contains data and is
not writable.

Mark