Hi Harold,

It would be nice to have some sound manipulation libraries in Factor,
whether MIDI or Csound or something else.

This just happened to be a little library I wrote while learning how MIDI
file format worked.  Given how easy MIDI files are to work with, you could
easily build some sound composition on top of it.

A nice side-effect was implementing "running status" in a Python MIDI
library:

    https://github.com/olemb/mido/pull/26

Best,
John.