I had environnement variables in mind as well but forgot to show them in
the examples. So the full list would be:

! at factor startup
./factor -http.proxy=http://localhost:3128
or http_proxy="http://localhost:3128"; ./factor

! using variables
or "http://localhost:3128"; "http.proxy" set-global
or "http://localhost:3128"; "http.proxy" [ ... http-get ] with-variable

! Manually making the request
or <request> ... URL" http://localhost:3128"; >>proxy

I also looked into https, it worked with send-secure-handshake (
http://docs.factorcode.org/content/article-ssl-upgrade.html ), here's a
proof of concept patch: http://paste.factorcode.org/paste?id=3826#1645
However, looking at the http headers, they are different than what wget or
curl sends, so I'm not sure if it's correct yet (it worked with squid as
the proxy and https//www.google.fr/ as the server). Can anyone comment on
whether everything's ok ?

Le 4 févr. 2016 18:01, "John Benediktsson" <mrj...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> It might be nicer to use environment variables rather than python string
global variables, for example how Python does it:

> $ http_proxy=http://10.0.0.1 python -c "import urllib; print
urllib.getproxies()"
> {'http': 'http://10.0.0.1'}
>
> We could also get fancier and have OS specific lookup like Python does
for OS X and Windows as a fallback: