Created PR #2320.

01.08.2020, 16:41, "John Benediktsson" <mrj...@gmail.com>:

Good point. When that feature was added, probably the documentation was not improved in the places you mention. Let’s fix that!

Best,
John.

 On Aug 1, 2020, at 6:29 AM, Alexander Ilin <ajs...@yandex.ru> wrote:

 Hello!

  Is it documented anywhere that the Factor words can be qualified by prefixing them with the "vocab:"?
  This may be self-evident to people familiar with the Forth family of languages, but I studied Factor by its built-in documentation before any other such languages, and was quite surprised when I discovered that this trick works. This tells me that it was probably never mentioned in the docs.

  I think it should be stated somewhere, otherwise it's not clear that the use of words like QUALIFIED: is extra syntax, which amends the already existing basis.

  To rephrase what I mean, here's an example from the QUALIFIED: docs:
 USING: prettyprint ;
 QUALIFIED: math
 1 2 math:+ .
 3

  What I missed in the _other_ Factor syntax documentation, is that even without using QUALIFIED: it's possible to qualify and disambiguate with the following syntax:
 USING: prettyprint math ;
 1 2 math:+ .
 3

  Here, the "math:" prefix is optional, but it can be used.

  For example, in the "Factor handbook » The language » Words » Colon definitions" article it could be mentioned that both "word" and "vocab:word" aliases are defined, if that's indeed how it works. The USE:/USING: documentation at "Factor handbook » The language » Syntax » Parse-time word lookup » Syntax to control word lookup" also doesn't mention that all the imported words can be used with the optional vocab name prefix, even though it mentions the possible ambiguity issues.