I have another question to follow this up. I want to create a multilayer parser.
The first layer would read a bunch of textual log files (with date-time in their names) and search for various types of events using PEG patterns per line and skipping noise. This would produce a stream of interesting events.
The next layer of parsing will process this stream searching for higher level patterns that can be folded into, say, meta-events comprised of a tree of sub-events detected on the first parsing level. This layer will produce an AST that can be queried by the user to find out details about various aspects of what actually happened.
So, the question is, is it possible to use the peg vocab to create this layered parsing architecture, where the first layer would consume a stream of file input, and the second would consume a stream of tokens from the first layer?