--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "demaris4" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> during this most recent press conference, MMY said that, to be
trained
> as a Raja, (perfect administrator) in addition to being a "rich man"
> (females excluded??)  good flying experiences were necessary.  Not
> just $$$.
> SNIP>
***********

That's not what it says in the transcript of the press conference,
which mentions flying experiences, but does not say that rajas are
particularly qualified or have any specific flying abilities beyond
what other YFers have (and most certainly youngsters are likely to be
better fliers than these rich old farts), and it does mention that
only the rich can be made rajas, because of their economic self-
sufficiency:

Special Skills and Knowledge of a Raja

What does a Raja know, and what can a Raja do, that a Yogic Flyer
cannot?'

Global Press Conference, 9.2.05, http://mou.org

MAHARISHI: 'A Yogic Flyer is the result of operating in silence. All
the
Sidhi Sutras are programmes for stirring increasing silence. A Raja is
that
steady consciousness which has authority simultaneously in silence
and in
action. Both are there in the awareness of the Raja. A predominance of
silence is there in the flying procedure.

'The flying procedure is a part of the Raja Training, but it is not
the
whole of the Raja Training-no, no-not the whole. Raja Training is a
training
in the abstract, in the unmanifest, where total silence and total
dynamism
both simultaneously function together. It is a different technique;
it is
different technique. Yogic Flying is a part-we can say a part-of it.
It
trains the mind to be competent for the Raja's Training, but it is a
part
of
it. Raja's Training is something more than it.

'The difference is in the field of behaving with increasing silence,
and
the
other, behaving with increasing dynamism. They are two different
values,
and
they are not opposed to each other. One follows the other, and the
combination of the two together is the awareness of the administrator-
the
ruler.

'That is why a ruler is competent to raise the level of consciousness
of a
child, or a grown-up, or a youth, or an elder. In the domain of a
ruler,
there are millions of people. All the millions of people have
billions of
desires. How does the Raja's parental role fulfil the desires of his
people?
By being competent to handle silence and dynamism at the same
time-infinite
silence and infinite dynamism at the same time-from that level of-the
example is-the lamp at the door. You put the lamp at the door, and the
light
lights outside, and it lights inside.

'This is the Raja's role. The Raja's role-what I would say and I can
go
that
far and absolutely it is true-the Raja's role is the god's role. It
is the
god's role to take any point, any small thing, to any big thing-
Anoraniyan
to Mahatomahiyan in the language of the Vedic Literature-finer than
the
finest to bigger than the biggest. Finer than the finest, bigger than
the
biggest is the role of the administrator. This is the role of the
administrator: you administer. You administer.

'It is a different thing. Techniques are there. One cannot imagine the
Raja
Training. Without having gone through the training, one cannot imagine
what
kind of training it will be. It is different; it is different.

'Those who can be a Raja, I invite them, I will train them. But they
must
be
those people who are not poor, who do not have to depend on money,
because
the training programme may take some time. To be a Raja is not a
thing for
the poor people. Only the rich people can afford to be a Raja, if they
want
to be really the commander of their life-command their life.'