From: Vaj
Sent: Saturday, March 12, 2005 7:33 PM
Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Is Ved "Superior" or "More Fundamental" Knowledge?

On Mar 12, 2005, at 1:30 PM, akasha_108 wrote:

> If Ved are the fundamental impulses of the universe -- then perhaps
> there is a stronger case for preeminance.

Not if it is a "long" lineage in the absence of a "short" line. Long
(very old) lines are hard to actualize and bring to fruition. The best
is to unify a short lineage of transmission with an old one. But if a
lineage, like the Vedic one, is not refreshed, they die and become
impractical.

A tradition without new Gnosis/Jnana is a dead tradition.

Dead traditions almost always tend towards fundamentalism of some sort.

In the case of Neo-Vedism, Neo-Vedanta, Neo-Advaita and Neo-Hatha you
don't usually have a new revelation, just a rehash--often with a
commercial twist. And that just makes the death of a particular line
slower, although you can still squeeze some evolution out of it. An
exceptional person with the right purva-punya might just still awaken.
But make no mistake, these are systems in serious decline.