Several incidents took place where Amma's father', Sugunanathan
threatens to kill his adversaries, boasting that the law won't touch
him as all the government functionaries are the devotees of his
daughter.
A complaint was filed to the Superintendent of Police, Kollam
district by A.K. Manimallika, a former devotee of Amruthananthamayi.
She was living with the Matha's parents and Sugunanathan approached
her for sexual gratification, on being refused she was beaten up and
thrown out of the ashram. In the complaint Manimallika accuses
Sugunananthan of threatening to kill her by saying, " Even the Prime
Minister, and the ministers come and fall upon the feet of my
daughter. No one is going to raise a finger against us. Even if we
kill you, no one is going to take action. In June, 1998 she filed a
complaint to state women's commission as well, but no action was
taken so far.'